Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkin Decorating

So Nils and I just are not that big on Halloween. I like seeing my kids get dressed up and excited, but that is about it. (Yep, party poopers!) Just not a huge fan; not sure why but oh well. Anyhow, the kids had asked if we could carve pumpkins. I was up for that. We usually have done some each year. However,to our suprise,our pumpkins in our garden grew very little! They were small and we knew carving them wouldn't be much of a success. So I told the kids we were just decorate them and then I'd go into town one day and buy bigger ones for us to carve. So they each picked their little pumpkin out of the garden. Me being me, I was late getting to it this year so really we only had a little over a week until Halloween. I happened to run into the store that day and found some cute pumpkin decorating kits. I had to buy them; they had my name all over them! LOL So long story short we did the lazy man's way of decorating pumpkins. :) The kids had a blast doing them though and laughed at how funny they were and how scary they could do it. After they put the faces on, they took markers and wrote their names and added a little more decor to them. We made the activity a family night and the kids really did enjoy it.
So, here is our lazy man's decoration for pumpkins. :)
Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
This picture collage personalized with Smilebox

No comments: