Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Halloween 2011

Finally, I am getting caught up on this blog thing a little bit! I finally have the pictures from the kids from Halloween now.

Ryder wanted to be a Transformer this year. Finally we found an Optimus Prime costume and he was so happy. We couldn't wear masks at the trunk or treat so he asked his dad to paint up his face to make him look more like a Transformer. Nils did and I think it turned out really great!
Brooklyn this year took forever to pick what she was going to be. We went back and forth for weeks. Finally one day while in Wal-Mart she saw a witch costume and said that was what she wanted. She said she didn't want to be mean though, a nice one. So we bought it and she LOVED it.
Gavin this year was going to be a monkey again, but one day while online Ryder and I were just searching Halloween costume ideas and Ryder said he wanted him to match. So, we found him a cheap Optimus Prime Transformer costume. Ryder was so stickin excited that they were going to match it was funny. Gavin hated the whole costume thing! He screamed so bad while trying to take pictures we gave him his sippy to shush him and then took pics. So all the pics with Gavin in them, there is a sippy cup. He was not parting with that thing. At least I guess I got some pictures of him; even if there is a sippy cup too.

For Halloween we decided to go try out the wards trunk or treat. We had been a couple years back and didn't really dig it. I REALLY hated the fact that I was buying and handing out candy to people not even in my ward. The one year Nils and I sat in our car and watched as cars pulled up along side the road, kids jumped out (by handfuls) and ran around getting treats then jumped back into the cars and off they went! Not my cup of tea! However, this year we gave it another go and it was well put together and nice. They had games for the kids to play and had an actual dinner for us. It was yummy. I still though am not a trunk or treat person. I think next year we may vote to do door to door to friends or something instead.

Overall, despite the fact that Nils and I are not Halloween people, it was good! I really enjoy getting the kids dressed up and see them get so excited! Gavin did not dig the whole Halloween thing, but maybe next year will be better for him.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own free digital slideshow

No comments: