Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Petting Zoo

This last weekend Nils and I decided to take the kids and go to the Blackfoot fair with my parents and Misty. The kids had a lot of fun going around looking at all the animals. They had a little petting zoo that the kids thought was fun. We gave Ryder some food and had him try to feed some of the animals. He only really got close to the goats. Here are some of the pictures I got with them and the animals. It's all with goats because I wasn't fast enough with the camera on the others.

Here is Ryder barely starting out letting the goat eat from his hands. He was WAY nervous about it.
Ryder got a little braver now and had just put more food in his hand for the goat. He wouldn't let Nils let go of him though. Yes, he is my whimpy boy. ;)
Brooklyn was a bit curious at first, but then started petting it and loving it. Ryder finally decided here he was brave without Nils holding onto him. When I took this picture he had said, "Here Brooklyn, this is how you feed them. They are nice, I promise." It was really fun watching them feed and pet the animals!
I told Ryder to let me get a picture of him standing by the goat, but he was too busy watching the big goat with horns coming towards us. LOL! He wasn't about to take his eyes off it! (You can see the goat's horns that he was watching in the bottom of the picture.)
Brooklyn was just a laughing and having a great old time! She tried to sit on it, then sit by it, then feed it, and then pet it. She was cute and Ryder thought it was fun showing her how to pet them.

No comments: