Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Just an update on my world.

I decided I'd just do a post and update where things are at in our acre of the world. Nothing too exciting that's for sure. The weather FINALLY decided to work with us a little and we hurried and got our garden planted this last weekend. Yippee! So excited and now if only I could see it all start popping up I'd feel more accomplished. Hopefully things come in good for us despite the late start this year due to the massive rain we have had going on. We planted a good size one and I'm sure I'll kick myself in the rear later for it when it comes to picking, canning, freezing, weeding, etc. but for now I am satisfied. Grateful for a husband who is into the whole the garden thing and does most the work right along side me. He's the best! I also was able to get a few flowers planted and yard decor out. Just now am waiting for some wood chips to arrive from one of Nils' friends and then I'll fill the flower beds all in and make it better then it is right now.
I have been busy moving rooms around and dusting. Trying to make room for our new addition and decided I needed to cut down on my dust count. LOL I do have to say I was amazed at how much stuff I have accumulated over the last few years. Yikes! I ended up taking quite a bit of things to the DI and a fair amount of things found their way to the garbage as well. Feels good to have some more space. We did get the kids' some bunk beds to try and help open their room up and get another dresser in there for Brooklyn. Still need to do a bit more cleaning in there and hang up things on the wall. Still quite a bit to get done around the place before the baby gets here, but we are making lead way. A little at a time is about all I can do anyways and then I am hurting and tired.
I am counting down days until the baby gets here for sure! I can't believe it's sneaking up on us so fast though. We had a checkup today. All seemed well. The Dr. told us he will be leaving town on the 20th of July and returning late on August 4th. Bummer! I thus am stuck waiting until the 5th of August to have the C-Section on this baby done. Both the Dr. and Nils and I are thus hoping I don't come on my own during that time and that all will go well. Taking the baby early on the 19th of July just didn't make the Dr. too happy as he was really worried it would not be ready. I'd rather wait and have a big baby I guess instead of a sick one that wasn't ready! So, planning on about August 5th to have the baby. Everyone keeps asking me for names. No, have no names yet. Sorry. Hope to soon.
So there is a little jibberish from me about what's happened lately. I will continue to keep this updated with things the best I can and maybe snap a few pics of my moving and cleaning arrangements. Now here is to hoping it warms up so I can feel more motivated and get more done. :)

No comments: