Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bragging on Ryder.....

So I didn't get a picture or anything, but I will write a post for it. :) My little Ryder finally made it into the High 5 Club in his Preschool class! To get into the club you have to recognize all your alphabet letters. (Maybe not a big deal to some of you reading this, but to me a big deal.) He really stuggled there for awhile with things and for him to finally do the alphabet was fantastic. So proud of him! Also, we took him on the 29th and did a Kindergarten testing. I think he did well. He got most of them, expect regonizing his numbers. He wrote his name, recogined the alphabet, knew all but one shape, and did the other things. (can't remember now what all was on there) I think it was crazy all the things they want them to know BEFORE kindergarten! I thought that Kindergarten was for learing all those things.....Oh well. I guess we now know where he sits better for his age and whatever. He is doing better and better each day I think. Each time I sit down to go over letters or things with him he improves. (At least in my head I think so.) He does great writing his name finally too. When he wants to draw or write something he doesn't know how to spell it, but if I tell him the letters he does it great. Still lots to learn I'm sure, but he's just growning up too fast. I am still having a hard time realizing he'll be heading off to Kindergarten, but hopefully I'll be okay with it once it happens. So, just a post to brag on my Ryder....he is a great boy!! :)

1 comment:

Tara said...

Brag all you want...you're a proud momma!!