Thursday, April 7, 2011

My good luck charm boy.....

This last week the High School put on a play. It was Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Of course the second Ryder and Brooklyn heard they wanted to go see it. Misty was a stage director for it so she got us in as a family one night. Nils and I took Ryder and Brooklyn and they didn't budge! They were glued to it. During intermission (if that is how it's spelled) they sold Wonka candy bars. They were $2 and each night they had one golden ticket in one of the candy bars. We of course had to buy one for Ryder and Brooklyn. They ripped them right open as soon as we got them and then quickly realized there was no golden ticket and felt bummed out. Well, then on closing night my mom asked me if I wanted to go watch it with her. It was such a good play I said I'd go watch it again! Ryder had done a lot of chores that day for me so I told him he could go with me to it again. Again, during intermission we went out to buy him a candybar. As we got up to pay, he handed the lady his $2 and then turned to me and said "Mom, I think we better buy Brooklyn one and take it home to her so she isn't sad. Maybe we'll get the ticket!" I just couldn't tell him no after he was being so thoughtful. :) So we bought two candybars. We walked off to the side and he wanted to open them right there. I asked him which one he wanted as his and which one was his sisters. He picked his and ripped it open. All of sudden he pretty much tosses the candy bar to me and yells out "YES MOM, I GOT IT!" A little embarrassed I was because people were looking at us, but he had got the candy bar with the golden ticket in it! His face just lit right up. LOL We took the ticket over to show the lady and for getting it, he got a $20 gift certificate to Main Street Grill! He could have cared less about the gift certificate when she handed it him, he just made sure to ask if he could keep the golden ticket!! :) He kept telling me, as we walked back into our seats, "Mom, I can't believe I got the golden ticket." It was funny he was so excited. After the play we ran into some family friends and he showed them his golden ticket he had got. They told them it was really neat and then Ryder said, "Don't tell Willy Wonka though okay? I dont' want to go to his place." hahahaha....it was hilarious. He litterally thought Willy Wonka was going to take him on the tour I guess. As we left all the cast members lined up so you could shake their hands. He said it was fine to tell Wonka thanks. Wonka was played by Misty's good friend, Dixon, so he got a big hug and showed Wonka his ticket. Of course Wonka gave him a high five and told him it was fantastic! Ryder thought he was the king of the night!! :) I guess I should keep Ryder when there is a drawing and let him pick out tickets or something for me; I guess I have a lucky charm on my hands. :)....and now I can have a night out to Main Street Grill too! Enjoy the pics I got when we got back. I didn't have my camera with me at the play though dang it to get a picture with Willy Wonka.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

That's awesome. Sounds like it was alot of fun.