Monday, June 27, 2011

Brooklyn's Pageant!

A few weeks back a few friends of mine had suggested I put my little Brooklyn into the pageant that they were having for little girls during the annual Idaho Days over here in Franklin. I sat and stewed around about it then finally decided Brook would totally love it so why not.
The pageant was held Saturday over in the park on a stage that they had put up. She was so excited when she showed up because the stage decor was in PINK! (Brooklyn is the biggest fan of pink!) As I gave her a kiss and left her up behind stage with one of the ladies in charge she started to tear up and her bottom lip stuck out all sad. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "There are a lot of people mom." WOW. I couldn't believe she was getting nervous. She is so brave and does whatever; she literally has no fear at home! I talked to her for a bit, showed her where we'd be sitting and told her she'd do great. After just a minute or so she realized it was okay and stood by a friend she had made there, Lacey.
Here is her group lining up getting ready to start.



At first they had the 3-4 yr olds and the 5-6 yr olds come out on stage together to do their opening dance number. She did some of the right moves, but of course didn't remember 1/2 of them so she sort of did her own dance. She was cute!
Here are a few shots of the dance number I got.




Then they went off and one by one the girls were brought out on stage to do their walk. They had one of the gals from the Idaho Days pagent help them. While they walked the mc introduced them with a short intro I wrote up for her.




When she got to the microphone I just had it wrote that she would say, "I'm Brooklyn Olsen. I'm three years old and I love to dance!" Then she would do a little twirl. However, she just rambled a few things at the beginning; I was afraid I'd have to go up there and stop her from talking. LOL Then she was asked a few questions.
They asked her:
1.What's your favorite animal.
2.Who's your favorite person and why?
3.Why do you want to be a princess?
As Brooklyn answered them, she said:
1."a kitty"
2."My mom because she loves me and plays with me."
3."because they are special and pretty."
She answered them without being shy at all and was so cute up there.




Then she went over and recieved the award she earned earlier that week at day camp. She earned the "most easy going" award and got a small crown and award.
Here she is getting the little crown and a little flower from them for the award.



Finally it came to the end of the group and they were announcing the winners. She ended up getting the 1st attendant and we were so happy!! She did such a great job without getting too shy up there or anything!!
Here are pictures of her getting the sash and crown put on. Then there are some of her up there after. As you can tell by the time my camera was there she was done smiling for people. LOL :)






After it all she kept reaching up touching the crown saying "I'm a princess mom!" LOL She was so stickin excited!! (okay, and so was I of course!)

Here is my little princess all crowned....and tired of smiling! :)



I am very proud of my girl and the hard work it took for her to get up there in front of all those people like a big kid and do her thing!! Now they told us to be prepared to be on a float in the local parades which I think she'll find neat.
Way to go Brooklyn!!! I love you.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

How sweet!!!! She is so beautiful