Monday, August 8, 2011

Gavin's Birthday

Wowzers, my baby turned 1 on July 28th! Really, it doesn't seem quite fair that they grow up so stinkin fast. I have really enjoyed him though and am amazed he's already a year.
His birthday actually fell at quite a busy time this year. We had a ton going on. We had the rodeo activities we'd made plans for then I was running hectic trying to finish up things for girls camp. His birthday fell on the Thursday, the first night for the famous preston night rodeo things. So we went to the parade with the kids. After we stopped and got some icecream cones and came home and just hung out together watching a movie. (and of course I sat and held him!) :)
We then had his little birthday bash on Sunday. We just had the grandparents come over for a light dinner then cake and icecream. Gotta love the 1st birthdays when they dig into their very own cake!! That was the best part of the night to watch.
As he was eating his cake he'd start out by taking little tiny pinches of frosting between his fingers, lick it, then wipe the rest down his chest. He then decided that no one was getting after him and it was pretty good so he started going to town on it.
Short and sweet for his birthday and yet fun! That little stinker is growing up on me and makes me laugh everyday. He does the strangest things and/or gives the funniest looks all the time and I can't help but giggle. I love him to death!!! I have really enjoyed every day with him! I love you Gavin, happy birthday buddy!!
Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
This free photo collage personalized with Smilebox

No comments: