Monday, May 23, 2011

Brooklyn's New Hairdo...

So the other day I decided it was time to cut Brooklyn's hair. I have known for some time how bad it needed trimmed up so I decided since I scheduled one for myself to have them cut her hair while they were at it. I do color in mine and it's a purple type color, sort of violet I guess. When I started telling her we'd be cutting her hair she asked me if she could do pink in her hair. Ha! Not likely. I just feel that 3 is too young for color. Not doing it. I kept telling her no color this time, but I'd cut it however she wanted. Well that wasn't the best thing to say either! LOL She began telling us she wanted a haircut like her Grandma Pepsi (Syd, which is Nils' mom) and if you know Syd you know her hair is SHORT. Her hair is just a spikey haircut and I knew I didn't want that for my little girl. So then I began scratching my head on what to do. I then didn't say anything for a few days and figured she'd pass by that idea.
Well the day came to do it. We went to my good friend Amanda and I went first so that I could get color in mine and then she would cut Brooklyn's. When it was Brooklyn's turn she told Amanda she wanted it short. I told Amanda just to keep it nice, but not too short, and make her cute. (I really trust Amanda and LOVE my hair everytime she does it)
Amanda cut it and then began to do some stylin. I about died watching Brook's hair get cut. I love my little girl's hair, but she just isn't one to let you do it and let you do cute things to it. Amanda got it all done and I did indeed love it, but I was shocked too. :) Brook looked in the mirror and when Amanda asked her if she loved it she said "yes." SCORE. If it pleased Brook, then it was okay in my eyes. When we came home to show Nils she was so excited to show it off. She has been loving it except for the other day when she asked me to glue all her hair back on because she wanted it back in a ponytail. OH MAN! :( I then began to feel bad that I chopped off my little girl's hair, but quickly she got over it and so did I.

Here is a couple pictures, front and back, of her BEFORE we ventured out for the haircut.





..and here are a few after pictures of her new and improved haircut.


DRUMROLL PLEASE......................





I really do like it now, but still in shock that I chopped it. I guess it's just hair though and it will grow back. She is loving it more and more each day I think. I really think she'll love not having it in her face when she's outside playing this summer; it'll be cooler too. The cut did make her look older and not so sure that was a good thing. :) Having some swoop bangs on her really made her different but they are fun on her just the same.
Thank you Amanda for cutting our hair and putting up with us for a few hours! We love the new hairdos; you did great work!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Our Family said...

I love love love her new haircut!! She is so cute!