Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Ryder Graduates Preschool!

On Tuesday night, Ryder graduated from Preschool! YAY and BOO both from me. I am so happy he graduated from preschool and did so well, but I'm not so sure yet on him beginning Kindergarten either. Graduating to me means that he just that much older now. Yes, I am a baby! He is my oldest and I guess I just need to get through the stage that "he has to grow up."

He sure loved being in Miss Mindy's class for the last two years! Miss Mindy is a GREAT teacher and worked so well with Ryder. He did SUPER. He came a LONGGGG ways this last year in preschool. He learned all his letters, how to do his name all by himself, his phone number, his 8 basic shapes, his 8 basic colors.....and so on. He still had a struggle with all of it after he completed his first year and I began to get a little nervous, but boy he shot up this year and learned it all and did fantastic. I am so proud of him!! Ryder is actually pretty shy and being in preschool really helped him get out there to meet new friends and communicate with others. I am so, so, so pleased with Ryder and couldn't ask anymore from him.

For their program they sang some songs that they had worked on through the year and he sang his heart out and did all the "dance" actions they were doing. (which with his shyness was fun to see) Here are a few pictures of him up on stage singing. The one picture is blury because he was running in one of their songs they did which was called "listen and move."



After they were done signing their songs, Miss Mindy handed out their diplomas and a cute little gift she made each of them. The gift was a wooden heart with a key glued onto it. She said she wants all the kids to know "they have the key to their teacher's heart." Ryder was excited and wants it hung up in his room right now. Here are a few pictures we got of him getting his diploma and one after with Miss Mindy. Don't ask me what he was looking at; I have no clue. :)

Congrats Ryder!! I love you SOOO much!! Now onto Kindergarten we go. (Wish this mom luck because right now I'm not too excited for him to go!) :)

No comments: